Padded Tush Stats recently released surveys for the Bumgenius Elemental One Size All in One Diaper. After numerous calls for survey respondents on social networking sites, blogs, and cloth diapering community forums, we received 27 responses.
In the survey, questions are broken down by the kinds of diapering issues faced by the babies. Before we look at the results of the survey, I wanted to provide some basic information on the diaper. You can also see this in the video found below.
Let’s look into the stats on this diaper.
The diaper seems to fit a wide range of babies (both skinny and chunky). The diaper is not often used as a night-time diaper. One of the main concerns with the diaper is that if the layers are not rolled in then there are definitely leaks. People were very impressed with the fact that it is an organic insert. Respondents were conflicted about the drying time; some felt that the layers allowed for a short drying time, while others felt that it took too long.
Pros (asterisks for more popular responses)
Easy to put on**
Great for Out and About
Layered soaker allows for faster drying****
Extra Long drying time***
Diaper fits a bit small
Tough to spray poop out of separate layers
Leg of diaper rolls out to cause leaks**
Snaps don’t allow for best fit at waist
Cotton starting to wear away at leg gathers
Starting to wear away pretty quickly*
Inside gets bunched up
No cross over snaps
Only offered in snaps
Rise not high enough**
Comments from Survey Respondents
“This is a wonderful diaper for out and about, daycare, relatives, whatever.”
“I usually use a fleece liner to make ds feel dryer and it makes poop clean up way easier and reduces stains.”
“MUST roll in any white cotton around legs to avoid leaks.”
“You have to fold the layers (fold in front for boys and in back for girls). I feel like the fold is a hard, uneven spot so I fold the two layers separately and carefully to make the diaper feel even when I'm holding my baby.”
“when combined with a flip stay dry insert, this makes an excellent overnight diaper”
Bumgenius Diapers are made in the United States and Egypt
Where to buy them
* Bum Covered Diapers has these diapers available. They provided these diapers for review.
* There is a great thread at Diaper Swappers that tells you other places where you can get get free shipping.
* On the right hand side you will see a Kelly's Closet affiliate link. They have free shipping with orders over $49 and they most often have a free diaper with $39 purchase. I did not purchase from this store prior to my affiliation.
* If you know of other vendors that sell these at a decent price and have good customer service, feel free to let us know in the comments section.
Are you a Bumgenius Elemental owner? Feel free to complete a survey if you haven’t already. Completion of surveys here at Padded Tush Stats give you extra entries in our giveaways.
* I was not compensated for reviewing this product, but I did receive a Bumgenius Elemental from Bum Covered Diapers to Review. But this post contains my honest opinions.