Missing a Survey?

Is there a survey on this site that you think we need to add? Email me at paddedtushstats@gmail.com or post a comment anywhere on this blog and I will set up a survey for that diaper ASAP

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Oh Katy Pocket Diaper Review

Before I jump into this review, I want to briefly discuss HOW reviews here are composed. I have two main beliefs when it comes to diaper reviews: (1) For every diaper, there is a baby out there that it works well for. Therefore, reviews at Padded Tush Stats emphasize what kinds of babies certain diapers work well for, and perhaps struggles some people may have with a diaper. Since I include both the praises of the diaper and the issues people had, you can expect a pretty honest review. (2) People (including myself) can give up on a diaper because of a certain issue without even troubleshooting with the makers of the diaper. I have found that the makers provide a lot of great tips. That is why all reviews are shown to the owner with the option for them to provide comments; however, I DO NOT change any answers, I simply give them a chance to add a comment.
Padded Tush Stats recently released surveys for the Oh Katy Pocket Diaper. After numerous calls for survey respondents on social networking sites, blogs, and cloth diapering community forums, we received 31 responses.
In the survey, questions are broken down by the kinds of diapering issues faced by the babies. Before we look at the results of the survey, I wanted to provide some basic information on the diaper. You can also see this in the video found below.

*  The diaper has a patented front opening for the diaper that has a flap covering over it to prevent the insert from poking out (see the video to see how this goes).
By having the opening in the front, you don’t have to deal with pulling an insert out of a poopy back of a diaper.
* It also contains some handy hip snaps to make for a snug fit on a newborn that helps prevent wing droop.
* They recently revised their Katydid diaper to now have softer leg gussets for a fit free of red marks.
* The part of the diaper touching the skin is made of stay dry microfleese.
* The outside of the diaper is made of a waterproof TPU.
* The diaper fits babies from newborn stage to potty trained.
* The diaper has snap closures. These normally last longer than hook and loop closures and are difficult for a baby to take off.
* The diaper has two microfiber inserts: one is a newborn insert (that you could also use as a doubler), and a one size insert with three size settings.
* The diaper also has a “wrap n’ snap” feature where you can bundle a soiled diaper up while you are out and about (see video to get what I mean)
Oh Katy One Size Pocket Diaper Review
Let’s look into the stats on this diaper.
Main Findings:
The diaper performed very well for chunkier-sized babies. The diaper performs very well for a night diaper. Owners were very impressed with how trim the diaper was, as well has how soft it is against the baby’s skin.
6.12.11 Stats
Absorbency 88%
Fit 91%
Worth Price 97%
Trim 84%
Skeptics 88%
Daycare 86%
Nap 93%
Night 83%
Recommend 98%
Pros
Cons
AbsorbentDaycareFit and worth priceNightRecommendSketicsTrim
Comments from Survey Respondents
I LOVE the front-stuff. When I remove inserts, I would rather have my hand touch pee than risk    touching poop!
The ONLY negative remarks I've heard from people I've recommended these to, are they they repel after  a while. That is nothing to do with the diaper really, it's mostly a washing kink that needs to be worked out. I have NEVER had a leak or an issue with the Oh Katy. I also use the Katydid's, their former diaper, and the only things   that are tough with that are the legs are a bit tighter. Since I have a small baby,   I've never had any issues with those either.
I love, love, love this diaper!  My girl is tall and thin and it works awesome for skinny babies.  Some other brands seem to run to big and I can't get a good fit.  Love that these aren't to wide between the legs.  I wish I had started CDing earlier because I  would have loved to try these on a smaller baby to see how the hip snap works.  I  also love the fact they fold up in case you forget a wet bag.  Now how many diapers have you seen that can do that.  The only negative I see is the hip snap for bigger  kids because it could leave a mark.  I need to see if they sell a cover for it.  Other  than that I really love these diapers!!!!!!!!!!  PS I haven't tried them for night time     because I use a fitted with wool but I would not be afraid to use them at night.
I love this diaper! I just wish I had more of them. They are husbandproof.
Initially when my baby was in his chunky stage I did get red marks on the legs. Over time he has slimmed down and the elastic has gotten gentler with washing.  We no  longer get any marks from this diaper.  It is one that gets better and softer with age!
Pricing
$17.95
Oh Katy Diaper are made in China and tested for full CPSIA compliance.
Where to buy them
* Sew Crafty Baby carries these diapers and sells them with Free Shipping. Be sure to check out the Facebook page though in the Deals section because there is usually a discount. This is an affiliate of mine, so if you go through this link, thank you in advance.
* There is a great thread at Diaper Swappers that tells you other places where you can get get free shipping.

* If you know of other vendors that sell these at a decent price and have good customer service, feel free to let us know in the comments section.
Are you an Oh Katy owner? Feel free to complete a survey if you haven’t already. Completion of surveys here at Padded Tush Stats give you extra entries in our giveaways.
* I was not compensated for reviewing this product, but I did receive a
an Oh Katy Diaper from the company to review

*** Update: Once my little guy needed the diaper on the smallest setting of the One Size insert, I found that the snap down rise kept coming undone. I contacted Oh Katy and they quickly resolved the issue so if you have that trouble, I recommend contacting them. Their customer service has been outstanding.

3 comments:

  1. I like the looks of that pocket opening. I do wish it came with an insert besides MF though. - Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wrap n’ snap feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again a great review! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...