For information on how I attempt to ensure to produce reviews as honest and fair to diaper creators as possible, please click here.Confession: I have rubbed a diaper up against my husband’s face. OK NO, it wasn’t used, but still, kinda weird. But that is what I did the second I got the Itti Bitti D’Lish Diaper from Green Diaper Demos. This thing is SOFT. I am sure my husband didn’t appreciate the gesture.
Do any of you have a pillow pet? That is my husband (yes, my husband’s) obsession. He’s bought one for every member of our household….well anyway, the Itti Bitti D’Lish feels just like that. Super, buttery soft.
Also, I don’t know if any of you have this weird occurrence (if you do, please comment and let me know I am not alone!): the moment my little one has a buttery soft diaper on, he poops. Like immediately. So this diaper passed my little guy’s test….all.the.time. Who needs prunes when you have a comfy Itti Bitti Diaper?”
So in this personal review of the diaper (as opposed to my statistical reviews that are based on a bunch of survey responses) I am going to tell you how I would respond to a Padded Tush Stats survey if I were filling it out for my kid.
* It has a buttery soft (rub-against-your-hubby’s-face) minky exterior
* It has one row of snaps across the top of the diaper.
* There are two snaps on each side of the diaper to make for a snug fit. There are also overlap snaps that make this fit a smaller waist.
* The diaper contains snap in soakers that are color coded so you know what to put where
* The soaker has a suedecloth top layer and is made of 2 layers of bamboo viscose. There are only natural fibers in the soakers.
* There is another insert that is bamboo that can be snapped underneath. It is two layers, but once you trifold it into thirds, it is 6 layers.
* You can also add in another booster underneath the suedecloth top.
* The diaper is intentionally made with a low rise
Small - 8lb to 16lbAbout My Baby
Medium - 14lb to 26lb
Large - 23lb to 37lb
|Is your Child a Heavy Wetter||Yes (he later grew out of this, but my answers would not change)|
|Do you have a chunkier sized baby for his/her age||No|
|Do you have a skinny baby for his/her age||Yes|
|Does your baby have chunky thighs?||No|
|Does your baby have skinny thighs?||Yes (he later grew out of this, but my answers would not change)|
|Is your baby prone to rashes||Yes|
|Please indicate the weights of your baby when using this diaper||7-10 pounds;11-14 pounds|
|Please indicate the ages of your baby when using this diaper||Newborn; 1-3 months|
|Size used||Size Small|
|On a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being least absorbent and 5 being most absorbent), how would you rank this diaper?||4|
|On a scale of 1 to 5 (with one being terrible fit to 5 being excellent fit) how would you rank the overall fit of this diaper?||3 (when it fit, it fit well, but again, short fit time)|
|Is this diaper worth the price?||3 (it fit for too short of a time for the price)|
|On a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being not trim to 5 being very trim) how would you rank the overall trimness of this diaper?||4|
|Do cloth diapering skeptics (like dear hubby or your MIL) like this diaper?||3 (they liked how soft it was, but the snap in inserts got confusing)|
|Is this a daycare-worthy diaper?||3|
|Is this a Naptime Diaper?||5|
|Is this a nighttime diaper?||2|
|On a Scale of 1 to 5, please indicate whether or not you would recommend this diaper.||3|
|What are the PROS of this diaper?||I felt like such a good Mama for pitting this buttery soft diaper on my little guy. So soft!, I like the trim fit, dries fast, and have I mentioned it is soft?, In the narrow window of time it fit him it fit like a glove|
|What are the CONS of this diaper?||Took LOTS of washes to prep, fit only a small amount of time (he outgrew the small at 13 pounds). The diaper is a little bulky, even though it fits snugly against the skin|
|Are there any other comments or tips you would like to add about this diaper? (for example, a particular stuffing method you found helpful, or anything else!)||Make sure you prep this a bunch since the inserts are bamboo. Mine leaked a lot until I finally gave it a bunch of washes.|
Have you tried out this diaper?
If so, then please fill out the survey for this over here. Aside from personal reviews that I do (such as this one), I also do reviews based on survey responses from people who have used the diapers on their babies. Therefore, by filling out surveys you help contribute to more comprehensive reviews that are sorted by baby characteristics (so thanks in advance!).
Where to buy them
* Green Diaper Demos is one of my favorite stores and they have these diapers. I got in touch with the owner through Diaper Swappers because she is always great about answering questions. I had contacted her to tell her about my leaking issues and she encouraged me to prep some more…which totally worked.
* There is a great thread at Diaper Swappers about places where you can get get free shipping.
* Kelly’s Closet has these diapers. I have an affiliate link here so if you use it, thank you in advance!
Although I received this diaper for review from Green Diaper Demos, all opinions in this post are my own.