Missing a Survey?

Is there a survey on this site that you think we need to add? Email me at paddedtushstats@gmail.com or post a comment anywhere on this blog and I will set up a survey for that diaper ASAP

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mother-ease Sandy’s Fitted Diaper Review

For information on how I attempt to ensure to produce reviews as honest and fair to diaper creators  as possible, please click here.

Night time. For the parents of heavy wetters, this is a dreadful time. Sheet changes. Pajama changes. Stomach wetting. Sleep deprivation. So that’s where I was with my heavy wetter and I was on the quest for a great night diaper. Enter the Mother-ease Sandy’s Fitted Diaper. I was sent the Mother-ease Sandy’s diaper to review and when the little one wore it for the first time, she made it through the night. Sleeping through the night? What is that?

So in this personal review of the diaper (as opposed to my statistical reviews that are based on a bunch of survey responses) I am going to tell you how I would respond to a Padded Tush Stats survey if I were filling it out for my kid.

Motherease Video Review

Let’s first look at the basics on this diaper:

* The diaper comes in two sizes: Small (8-20 lbs.) and Large (20-35 lbs.)

* The diaper is made of terry cloth on the outside, inside, and then three extra layers of terry cloth are sewn in.

* Mother-ease claims this diaper holds a whopping 15oz.

* You have a few options for color and fabric: Stretchy Cotton Terry, Colored Stretchy Cotton Terry, Organic Cotton Terry and Stretchy Bamboo Terry fabrics.

* It comes with an doubler (they call it a liner) to give you an added boost of absorbency

* Since this is a fitted diaper that is not waterproof, you will need to put a cover over top of it.

About My Baby

  My Baby (Toddler)
Is your Child a Heavy Wetter Yes
Do you have a chunkier sized baby for his/her age No
Do you have a skinny baby for his/her age Yes
Does your baby have chunky thighs? No
Does your baby have skinny thighs? No
Is your baby prone to rashes Yes
Please indicate the weights of your baby when using this diaper 16-20 pounds; 21-25 pounds
Please indicate the ages of your baby when using this diaper 18-24 months
Size used Large

Survey responses on how this diaper worked on my baby:

Ratings
Ratings (On a scale of 1-5…1 being low score, 5 being high)
Absorbency 5
Fit 3
Worth the Price 4
Trim 1
Liked by Skeptics 3
Daycare-worthy 1
Naptime 5
Night-time 5
Would Recommend 4
What are the PROS of this diaper? The diaper is fairly inexpensive for all the fabric in it used for absorbency. It is also very soft.
What are the CONS of this diaper? The diaper is not very trim (but I don’t mind that in exchange for very good absorbency). It is very wide in the legs.  Also the side snaps made it a little tough to put on (it was difficult for people to figure out which was the front and which was the back). I gave the diaper a 1 for daycare worthy and trimness, but in my opinion, this is just a night diaper. It’s too bulky for out and about but I highly recommend this be in someone’s night stash. It does take a while to dry.
Are there any other comments or tips you would like to add about this diaper? (for example, a particular stuffing method you found helpful, or anything else!) I highly recommend this diaper for someone who has a heavy wetter and wants something that holds up at night. I got the Air Flow cover Mother-Ease makes to go with it, but even though it is the size meant to go with the diaper (Medium/Large, but they have a regular Large that is meant to go with it as well), it was too small to fit over the fitted diaper and gave my daughter red marks that lasted very long (I thought it worked well under a Thirsties One Size cover).

069070072

Have you tried out this diaper?
If so, then please fill out the survey for this over here. Aside from personal reviews that I do (such as this one), I also do reviews based on survey responses from people who have used the diapers on their babies. Therefore, by filling out surveys you help contribute to more comprehensive reviews that are sorted by baby characteristics (so thanks in advance!).


Pricing
$11.75-14.25

Where to buy them
You can buy them on the Mother-ease website here.

Are you a Mother-ease owner? Feel free to complete a survey if you haven’t already. Completion of surveys here at Padded Tush Stats give you extra entries in our giveaways.

* I was not compensated for reviewing this product, but I did receive a
an Mother-ease Diaper from the company to review

1 comment:

  1. Love this diaper too! Mine didn't come with a doubler though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...