Missing a Survey?

Is there a survey on this site that you think we need to add? Email me at paddedtushstats@gmail.com or post a comment anywhere on this blog and I will set up a survey for that diaper ASAP

Friday, May 27, 2011

Flat Fold Invention Submission: Airplane Fold

Here is another submission to the Flat Fold Invention Contest.  The Airplane Fold:

“I just wanted to share the new fold for flats that I came up with while trying to get flats to work for my DS! I have been trying to master flats in readiness for the flats hand washing challenge that I decided to participate in. I've been trying all the different folds out, but none seemed to fit the criteria that I wanted - a fold that would let me use one flat with no doubler, and minimal bulk in the back and low rise in the front. My DS almost always poops on the potty, so I didn't need any absorbency in the back, but being a boy, needed as much absorbency as I could get in the front. Here is what I came up with. I'm not sure how many layers there are in the front, but there are a lot
So here is how you do it, there is a bit of folding required, but it isn't hard.
IKEA flat, print side down.
Click the image to open in full size.
Fold up the bottom. I usually do about 5 or 6 inches. It might take a few tries to figure out how much you need to fold over here to make it right size for your child.
Click the image to open in full size.
Fold one side up to the center
Click the image to open in full size.
Then fold up the other side
Click the image to open in full size.
Now fold about 1/3 of the bottom of the triangle up.
Click the image to open in full size.
Again, fold the side in towards the center.
Click the image to open in full size.
Then the other side. This creates lots of layers!
Click the image to open in full size.
Fold down the pointy tops between the top and bottom layers.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Jelly roll the sides in
Click the image to open in full size.
Pin on baby, or just fold up into a diaper if baby is napping
Click the image to open in full size.
My DS is napping right now, but when he wakes up I'll take a picture of this fold on him. I love that there is almost no bulk in the back, but very absorbent in the front!
If you are using flats, have a toddler boy, give this a try and let me know if it works for you too!
UPDATE:
DS woke up and the diaper didn't leak (granted he wasn't that wet either ) But here are some pictures of him in this fold:
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
I just love how trim it is!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...