Missing a Survey?

Is there a survey on this site that you think we need to add? Email me at paddedtushstats@gmail.com or post a comment anywhere on this blog and I will set up a survey for that diaper ASAP

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Flats and Handwashing Challenge: Getting Serius, Call in the Media

[This is the first installment of the Flats and Handwashing Challenge series. For a full list of posts associated with this series, please click here]
What compelled me? I have no idea…but I decided to write all local news stations this email. Let’s hope they listen:
Hello,
My name is Tara Porter and I am a local community member here in ___. I wanted to let you know about a possible story opportunity. I am participating in a National "Flats and Handwashing" challenge (running May 23-30) that has people try using inexpensive cloth diapers and handwashing them in response to a recent article about how some parents on a stressed income re-use soiled disposable diapers in an attempt to save money. 
One of the best answers to the stressing concerns of expensive diapering is to use cloth diapers. I will document how inexpensive it is (costing roughly the cost of 3 boxes of disposables!) to use cloth diapers rather than disposables. I will make my own bucket washing machine (using a Home Depot bucket and a toilet plunger) to show that even people in small apartments without washing machines can do this. I am hoping such a project could make a difference in my community and was wondering if you might be interested in a story on it.
I am documenting my experience with this challenge at www.paddedtushstats.com
I also feel compelled to add that cloth diapers have become far more modern than the old cloth diapers (although I am using these old-school cloth diapers for this project). But the newer diapers look very similar to disposables (although much cuter, as they come in different colors and prints). 
I hope that you might consider looking into this project. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Tara Porter
www.paddedtushstats.com
paddedtushstats@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...