Missing a Survey?

Is there a survey on this site that you think we need to add? Email me at paddedtushstats@gmail.com or post a comment anywhere on this blog and I will set up a survey for that diaper ASAP

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Flats and Handwashing Challenge–Day 6

[This is a part of the Flats and Handwashing Challenge Series. To read more of my posts on this, see a list here. To see the Dirty Diaper Laundry Flats and Handwashing Challenge series, go here.]

Day 6 was great. I am really getting into the rhythm of things. Yes, kids were in plastic bag covers occasionally today because I am still not back home (and rain came down while I was laying down for a nap with my daughter and soaked my extra cover!). I washed twice and still the only pain with this challenge is the drying. I can’t stand how long it takes to wring stuff out.

But other than that, it is going much better. I am surrounded by family this weekend and everyone keeps saying how much they admire me for sticking to it (and, could you believe, even the most honest people in my family are sitting on one side of my shoulder, coaxing me to cave in because no  one would know!). My mom was sweet, she went to the store and bought me a box of chocolates and said she admired me for how hard I was working on this.

And this made me think about the people who have to do this. I admire those people who have no choice. I assume those people are strapped for time and money and yet they do it anyway. Can I just send you my electronic box of chocolates?

Lessons Learned Today:

* I really think people need a 3 day supply in order to maintain sanity. It is still NOT THAT MUCH MONEY and yet washing doesn’t have to be every day and there is no rush with the drying.

* Plastic bags really do work, in a pinch

* Rockin’ Green works GREAT to wash these. I was amazed by how different the water looked from the first rinse to the last. Like night and day! I like how easily the stuff dissolves. I don’t have to get out clumps of detergent or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...